Wednesday, July 6, 2011

There Are A Few........

........things on my mind today. First, the Caylee case. UGH! Yes, yes, yes it's sad and tragic that a helpless little girl died. I agree 100 percent. I also agree that there needs to be justice and whoever is guilty of taking the life of that little one should get punished to the fullest extent of the law. It seems that everyone is convinced that her mother took her life. Whether that is true or not, we do not know. Sure, there is circumstantial evidence like her getting a tattoo and partying with her friends all while her daughter is missing. But, again, those facts are circumstantial and definitely not enough to commit someone of murdering their own child. I will admit that, yes, the justice system is not perfect. Of course there are going to be mistakes. There will be innocent people who will be found guilty and there will be guilty people found innocent. Nowadays with hard evidence such as DNA and an entire crew in every police station dedicated to forensics, you need those factors for it to be an open and shut case. Sorry, people. That's just how it works.

Secondly, my big, loud, beautiful FAMILY. Seriously, they're an essential part of my life that I can't imagine being without. It goes without saying that I have been mad or upset with a family member but it never lasts long. I mean, it's my family. How could I stay mad? I only have one family and holding a grudge just doesn't make sense to me. I love being able to invite them over. Spend time with them. Laugh with them. At times, laugh at them. And always love them.

Thirdly, this summer schedule, sleeping in till 10, being at the pool all day, no homework, no driving around town, is something I can get used to. Now, of course, each year the summer comes to end. The warm summer days are turned into crisp ones and the everyday hustle and bustle of life returns. That is why, at this very moment, I sit here poolside and just let my thoughts run on. About everything. About nothing at all.

- S.E.

2 comments:

  1. Your summer schedule sounds absolutely heavenly. I'm holed up in my condo right now because today is my work from home day, and I don't let myself open the windows to see what I'm missing until I've crossed off a certain number of to-do's from my list. And it's after 1, and I'm barely halfway through. Grr. Take in a little sun for me.

    p.s. Oh, family. I'm in a bit of a tiff with my mom right now, and it's difficult for me. I know we need the space, but it's very much one of those "can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em" situations! Crazy family. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the wifi works poolside hun.
    Nice post today :)
    I am glad you are able to enjoy your relaxing summer schedule, just wish I could enjoy more with you. Also happy your family is coming around and we are able to blend :)
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete