Friday, June 24, 2011

Angel Alexander

My first born, my baby boy, my apple of my eye has been promoted to the 7th grade. No more elementary school. I'm sure I'm not the first or last mom to be a little freaked out by that fact. I mean, Junior High is a completely different world. The atmosphere is so "grown up". It's that pivitol time in a kids life where they begin to find themselves and I don't think I'm ready for that to happen yet.

Angel has brought me so much pride and happiness. He blows me away with his intellect. I wish I had a brain like that! I have no doubt that he will continue to do fabulously in school and go on to graduate college. Yes, college. Yikes! When that time comes, I will be a mess. Mark my words. We don't have to deal with that quite yet so I'll stop there.

When Angel was born I was a kid myself. I didn't know how this tiny human being was going to survive in my care. How would I pull this off? I didn't know if I was going to be able to handle it but I did. I guess my survival/motherly instincts kicked in. Thank God! I made it through the 3 a.m. feedings, the sore boobs, the poop smears and the exhaustion. I have milestones filed away in my brain. Potty training, loosing his first tooth, his first harcut and that sweet baby voice that I will never hear again. If only I could remind time.

Angel, you are the one and only boy I need in my life. I love you. Always. Forever.

- S.E.

1 comment: