Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Does it ever end?

Housework. It's endless. Once I start, I don't stop. It starts in the kitchen. I stand at the kitchen sink and as I'm standing there washing dishes, I notice that the island can use a cleaning. So, once I'm done with the dishes I open up the cabinet below the sink and take out the cleaning supplies. I'm going to clean the island so I might as well clean the other counters, too. Right? Right! There I go. I start to clean the island, making sure to get every inch of it. I move onto the counters and stop when I get to the stove. Uh oh! Theres a brown, sticky stain that needs to come off, like NOW! After a couple of napkins and spritz of bleach it comes off. While I'm in the kitchen, with no shoes or socks on, I notice that there's something sticking to the bottom of my foot. What's this? Crumbs! The broom! Get me the broom! Aaah, that's much better. The carpets in the kitchen need a good cleaning so in the washer they go. I make the foolish assumption that I'm done when I sit on the couch but then something catches my eye. There! On the TV stand! Dust! Back to the kitchen sink I go to get the wipes in order to clean the TV stand. Except I don't only clean the TV stand. I clean the entire living room and the furniture in my bedroom, too. I pick up a few items of dirty clothes off my bed and take them to the closet. Once in the closet, the vacuum stands there calling my name. I am kind of ashamed to admit that I LOVE TO VACUUM. I'm not sure what it is about vacuuming that I enjoy so much but I genuinely like it. You guessed it. I pull the vacuum out of the closet and plug that baby into the outlet. I run the vacuum over the entire apartment. *sigh* Much better. Now, as I sit here typing away I hear the bathroom calling me. I am needed and here I go! I'm on my way toilet! A good scrubbing you need? A damn good scrubbing you shall receive!

-S.E.

1 comment:

  1. Oh baby your are so freaking adorable! And let us not forget to mention a FANTASTIC house wife :) Thank you, I truly appreciate you. MUAH!

    ReplyDelete